Caring people make the difference at American Senior Communities!
American Senior Communities has proudly served customers since the year 2000 with a long history of excellent outcomes. We are Indiana-owned and operated, and we aren t ever going to forget our roots. We take great pride in our Hoosier heritage with Hoosier hospitality ingrained in everything we do.As experts in senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a calling.
Compassion, Accountability, Relationships, and Excellence are the core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E., they are our guiding principles and create the framework for all of our relationships with customers, staff, family members and the community at large.
Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) provides nursing and nursing related services to residents consistent with each resident s comprehensive assessment and plan of care. The CNA maintains a homelike environment for the residents, protects and promotes resident rights, and assists the person to maintain independence and control to the greatest extent possible.
Attributes & Responsibilities
- Provides direct care to residents to improve or maintain the resident s abilities according to the resident s plan of care. Seeks assistance of charge nurse when unsure of assignment, procedure, or situation.
- Receives and completes all resident care assignments and other activities as assigned by Charge Nurse.
- Provides delivery of care in a compassionate, quality manner with kindness, respect, and dignity.
- Participates in improving quality of environment by positively contributing to the elimination of odors and pressure wounds and maintenance of a clean and homelike environment.
- Assists in activities of daily living (ADLs) including bathing, grooming, dressing, mobility, transferring, and feeding of assigned residents by providing set-up assistance, verbal prompts, physical support, or more extensive assistance.
- Provides care in a manner that protects and promotes resident rights, dignity, privacy, confidentiality, self-determination and active participation. Offers and respects resident choices in matters of daily routine. Refers to residents by proper names unless resident requests otherwise. Avoids use of all pet names. Handles all resident property with respect.
- Responds to call lights and buzzers promptly and courteously considering each light as an emergency until answered.
We offer attractive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- Group medical/dental/ vision/life insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Career Growth
- Referral Bonuses up to $100
- 25% off tuition at any Harrison College Location!
- Demonstrates C.A.R.E. values to our residents, family members, customers and staff.
- Successful completion of a state approved Nursing Assistant training and competency evaluation program, or a C.N.A. competency evaluation program approved by the State.
- Prior experience giving personal care to impaired individuals in a health care setting preferred.
Associated topics: advanced, aprn, bilingual, care nurse, cnm, neighborcare, nurse specialist, prn, rnp, specialist