You will serve as a ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN as part of regional command in NAVAL FACILITIES ENG COMMAND ATLANTIC located in Djibouti, Africa.
Learn more about this agency
* Research solutions for construction issues to establish alternative proposals for designer consideration.
* Investigate alleged field conditions requiring changes in original plans and specifications, faulty construction or defective materials to recommend contract modifications to contracting officer.
* Develop or modify process instructions to ensure compliance with technical and safety requirements.
* Inspect construction work on site to ensure work is done in accordance with contract documents.
76% or greater - This position is a 100% TDY position at Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa.
* Job family (Series)
0802 Engineering Technical
HelpRequirements Conditions of Employment
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
* Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
* New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
* Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
This is a full-time, temporary assignment Not To Exceed (NTE) 1 year. This assignment may be extended up to 2 years at the discretion of management and in accordance with applicable regulation. This position may be filled as a Temporary Promotion or Temporary Reassignment.
This position is a 100% TDY position at Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of SPECIALIZED experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Provides construction reviews of plans and specifications for technical soundness and practicability; 2) Utilizes construction project scheduling knowledge and expertise to track progress of projects; 3) Prepares technical analysis, cost estimates, and reviews engineering designs for proposed changes; 4) Ensures contractors' compliance with safety and environmental requirements. NOTE: This information must be FULLY supported in your resume to be considered for the position.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Potential benefits for working in Djibouti:Ability to gain international work experience
Professional development by working in an area at the forefront of construction and community growth
High potential for overtime pay
Local Market Supplement (based on parent command location)
Imminent Danger Pay - $225/month (first 42 days)
Post Differential Allowance - currently 30% of base pay (beginning day 43+)
Free quarters and messing
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Associated topics: calculation, civil, civil engineer, concrete, department of transportation, draft, foundation design, remediation, roadway, traffic